Thursday, July 9, 2015

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015)

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015)

REVIEW....

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015)

I am a 25 year old adult using a grown up job...I am a 25 year old adult with...oh to hell by using it. Cartoons are something I’ve loved, from Saturday morning action cartoons when I would be a child towards the high-as-hell Adventure Time when I was, well...yesterday! SpongeBob can be a personal favourite of mine, a cartoon loved by my whole family, who quote it with a near day to day. Cue dolphin noises as opposed to swears, explanations on the way to blow a bubble correctly to talking (ppthhhhh) like those (ppthhhh) fish when SpongeBob (ppthhhh) was waiting (ppthhhh) for the bus (ppthhh) after coming to Glove World.  I thought I became a SpongeBob Squarepants fan but reading this I am clearly without SpongeBob related knowledge - I bow your decision oh master of SpongeBobness.....

spongebob-movie-sponge-out-of-water

Anyway, back onto some sort of track. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge away from Water starts back to it’s roots and relies on a plot the fans are typical familiar with. Yep, Plankton is following Krabby Patty secret formula yet again. Despite it’s title, our beloved main characters only spend about 20 mins of screen time outside of the water! This was the greatest disappointment to be fair!

Sponge away from Water caters for the fans. Although little may make sense within a regular SpongeBob episode, there are numerous nods and references towards the show on this movie that I wouldn’t be blown away if someone new to your franchise slated the movie to get a random acid trip. That’s style of how it goes though! There’s plenty for that fans to savor, and I couldn’t contain my glee once the famous ‘my leg!’ line was said, or yelped even.  So this explains a great deal, I was disappointed while using movie since it was just plain bizarre, half the jokes didn't sound right and it was (I can imagine) what an acid trip could be like.... I need to return watch continual SpongeBob episodes after which try this again I think!
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015)
It’s the form of jokes which will make this movie so funny. Think of Plankton, that tiny green little bad guy, creeping across a location. The music changes on the high pitched notes of any key instrument, just two notes played time and again. A few seconds later, we realise that SpongeBob is really playing a little piano put into his hand! (this bit was hilarious!) On the other hand, we’re provided terrible puns, which just is one of my favourite things.
“Hey, it’s raining pickles. Now it’s raining...TANKS!”
“You’re welcome.” - I don't understand?! Oh my God! Tanks...feels like thanks!!

Joke-telling aside, the thing that really disappointed me was lacking songs. There are many memorable SpongeBob songs from your episodes that can have been remastered, but all we got would have been a new one. I’m grateful, don’t do not understand, nevertheless it wasn’t greater than the Krusty Krab Pizza.  It ends up a friend that I selected, Shmistine (names are actually changed to guard identities) learnt every one of the words on the theme song when preparing for seeing this and refused to depart the cinema until she had sang everything - full volume, I nearly left her there!! The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent of Comedy

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *